7/8/08

Who is Inspiring These Dreams?

I'm considering this year a year of discernment. Although I am pretty excited about switching to a new elementary school and grade level, I still feel a bit like this is "just my job" and not really my calling. I am wrestling with a few ideas of what my dream and/or calling is.

Initially, I had trouble determining any sort of difference between these ideas. I mean, surely one of them is "more right" for me than the others! When talking with a friend (who happens to be in a pretty similar spot in life), I decided that one idea seems to come into my head/heart and truly inspire me mainly when I am praying, at church, or reading the Word. Hmmmm . . . Of course, it's the one that would require me to take the biggest leap. :-) Gotta love it!

Sometimes it doesn't seem so easy as this, though. It can be hard to figure out what my dreams are versus what I am truly being called to do at that particular stage in life. Anyone encountered this?

On a lighter note - I'm pretty pumped about an upcoming wedding that will bring some great friends into town (yeah, bravo!)!!!

3 comments:

Lindsey Roth Culli said...

are you going to become a nun?

:)

can't wait to catch up soon!!

kjp said...

I think that you can't really put your life on hold and wait for the dreams to materialize. I don't think that you're doing that at all, but it is a bit tempting. I think that you have to follow your present calling and when the time is right, your present calling will coincide with your dream prerequisities.

Oh, and if it's nursing, they make good money now. Just don't be one of those nurses that hits on doctors all the time.

Talia said...

nursing, oh boy . . .

yeah, katherine, i would NEVER dream of being one of THOSE nurses! i assume that i would be in the minority if i chose not to hit on doctors all the time. ;-)

i like what you said about future and present callings colliding - what a great visual! thanks!