6/26/08

Cuddle Buddies

I was sitting on a rooftop talking with a couple good friends the other night when an interesting concept entered the conversation.

What if (for all of us single folks out there) you had a friend or acquaintance that was willing to be your "Cuddle Buddy?" On those lonely days/nights, the two of you could just, well, cuddle together - no strings attached. Although I know it would take awhile to market this idea, making it socially acceptable, I think that a Cuddle Buddy business is in order!

4 comments:

kjp said...

My friend had a 'nap buddy' for awhile. But, you know what happened? They made out eventually. I don't know if that's a good consequence or not.

I think that it's a great idea, but that sexual tension would be tantamount and it would lose the relaxation benefits. Or maybe I just wouldn't be good at it!

Isn't this what stuffed animals were invented for?

sarah b-rown said...

I had a cuddle buddy for awhile, and it really ended with lots of tension and a lot of hurt. I think that if it is possible for a girl to emotionally detach enough that she isn't hurt by the no strings attached part, she's got some emotional issues to work through.

Anyways, and on a lighter note - Bob said we're going to try to get together this summer! Hurray! I'll look forward to seeing you. Hopefully I'll feel better this time. I remember feeling pretty crappy when we were at the Lupov's.

Bob Thompson said...

I'm with my lady on this one. It's an attractive looking path that has a ridiculously painful and complicated end. It's hard enough to have a friend you may we slightly more than cordial with physically, but to purposely seek them when you feel lonely is just asking to do something you never really intended in the first place. Just my 2 cents. Can't wait to see you soon, Talilamma.

Victoria said...

I'm willing to bet that people often use their dogs as "cuddle buddies". This is probably a safer alternative.