6/7/08

Day-By-Day

After everything I have learned this past semester, I hope that one lesson does not wear off. Taking life day-by-day is truly a joy! Slowing down and taking time to do what I have always wanted to do is everything it's cracked up to be.

For instance, I am taking time to exercise in some form everyday, during which I actually look around me at God's creation. Pretty beautiful stuff, actually. I mean, did you ever think about finding God in everything that has life? I saw a flower and almost burst into tears. I might have been a bit emotional there, but why not?

I also find it fun to seize moments. If I realize that I don't know how to do something - or do it well, I jump up and give it a try. I am finally dusting off my guitar and keyboard to work on these skills instead of staring at them and wishing I could play them.

Mostly, I am all about relationships. It has been fantastic to catch up with friends and devote the time to building friendships that are worth the build. (Living a little closer to them will help that immensely, not that I'm letting that stop me now!)

Overall, I feel like life really is too short to wait for talents, dreams, wishes, faith, fun to show up on our doorsteps. Instead, as part of my "No U-Turns" philosophy on life, I'm going for it!

Carpe diem! :-)

1 comment:

Bob Thompson said...

Atta girl, Talia. Sounds like you're in a real good place. I'm proud of you!