1/19/09

March for Life


We are marching in the light of God.
We are marching in the light of God.
We are marching in the light of God.
We are marching in the light of,
the light of God.

We are marching, marching,
We are marching, marching,
We are marching in the light of,
the light of God.

Siyahamba, hamba,
Siyahamba, hamba,
Siyahamb' ekukhanyen' kwenkhos'.

I'm off to D.C. this week! No, it's not to support President-elect Obama, although we'll arrive soon after the inauguration. I'll be participating in the March for Life.

I will be proud to march next to my sister, praying to end abortion and the use of contraceptives on the anniversary of Roe vs. Wade. Life is precious, and should be treated as such.

When I think of marching, I am reminded of Martin Luther King, Jr., war protests, and the like. What an honor to stand up for something I believe so strongly in, with 200,000 others who share my viewpoint.

What would you march for?

5 comments:

-joe said...

yo dude

i hope the march goes well and that our voices are heard on the matter. it is unbelievable that we even have to fight this fight, the sanctity of human life should be a no-brainer, even for non-believers.

may God be merciful and lead us to repentance.

-joe

Jessica said...

Talia I think it's great that you are marching for something, like Joe said, is really a no-brainer. It's sad to know that a woman's "right to chose" holds such high precedence over a baby right to life. Thank you and the others you are marching with for standing up for something so important.

kjp said...

I march for Obama!

Our passion is what makes us human and often, humane. I respect that you're going and that you feel as strongly about this as I do about being pro-choice.

Quite the crowd switch in DC, eh? It's important to remember that there is a common ground between the two, right? And that's what we are, my dear friend.

Dauvit Balfour said...

I'm glad you were there. Last night at the middle school program Larry talked about abortion, and told his and his wife's story about their daughter. I had something else planned for the night, but the kids wanted to take the subject a little further... it was amazing to see the effect it had on them. Young and naive they may sometimes be, and troublemakers certainly, but last night I was happy to be there, to share something with them and to see them take an interest in such an important issue. Hopefully, they'll remember something I said, or at least remember Larry's story.

As for what I'd march for... I'd have been in DC with you if I could - perhaps next year.

I am reminded more and more, every day, what a precious gift life is. Life is beautiful, against all odds and despite all our best efforts to screw it up. It's amazing to see God's love for us. It's a beautiful maze.

katelin said...

there were 400,000 others...